The entry way, the first thing anyone sees when they walk into your home. You want it to be beautiful, and in order for it to be beautiful it has to function. Unless you have a fabulous mudroom or enter the house through a different door, here are my must-haves for a great entryway:
- a table - you need a table to set things when you walk in the door, period.
- a catchall dish or tray - you need a place on said table to drop your keys, change, mail, etc.
- storage basket - for gloves, hats, scarves, umbrellas, etc.
- a mirror - to check your lipstick as you head out the door
- a fabulous rug - because this little area is how you set the tone of your home
- an equally fabulous light fixture - same reason as above
This is my vision for my dream entry way.
Check out the rest of my virtually designed dream home here.