Phew! We made it to the last section of my New Years manifesto. Working my way through four categories of refreshment has been exhausting to write, let alone implementing it all into my life. We have made it to the forth and final category, health. When it comes to eating and exercise, in general, I have good habits. There are a few things I’d like to improve upon, detailed on the list below, but it’s the mental health piece I need to work on. The items in sphere of mental health are things I practice sometimes, but they are in no way habitual. I would love to adopt them into my life in a real way.
- Go to bed by 11:30 PM on week nights
- Drastically reduce sugar intake
- Cut dairy out of at least one meal per day
- Reduce gluten in our diets
- Be more spontaneous
- Continue to volunteer
- Institute a social media detox day once a month
- Adopt a practice of gratitude and/or meditation that resonates with me
- Accept unchecked items of my todo list with grace
That last item is probably my biggest stumbling block of all. As a full-time working mom with a side hustle and a blog, it will never, ever be all done. Accepting that my todo list is not finished is something I fail at. I’d love to hear from you, friends. How do you deal mentally with unfinished items on your list?