Six facts about His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis.
- At 8 lbs., 6 ozs., the newborn prince is the heaviest future king in 100 years!
- The public waited a week to learn Prince William's name and a month to learn Prince Charles'.
- A surname is not required, as the new baby will have the title HRH Prince will be referred to in this way. However, if Catherine and William want to include a surname, there are three choices available - Mountbatten-Windsor, Wales or Cambridge.
- He was born in the same hospital where William was born 31 years ago.
- Diana and Kate both wore polkadots while presenting the new babies. Diana's a voluminous kelly-green smock dress with white polka-dots and a white collar by British designer Catherine Walker, and Kate's, a bespoke crepe-de chine dress of cornflower blue with white polka dots with a belted waist (plainly showing the remains of her baby bump), by British designer Jenny Packham.
- The bundle-of-joy is expected to generate $380 million for the British economy, most coming from the sales of royal baby souvenir sales.