to this! From grandma/zero personality to modern and bohemian.
- got rid of the curtains (as quickly as possible) and swapped in these bamboo shades (full disclosure, these are very well priced, but not the best quality)
- painted (obviously) Behr Black Suede in eggshell
- removed the glass lighting shades and changed out the lightbulbs for clear globes (similar to what I did with the kitchen sconces), making an instant modern update without replacing the fixture
- hung the vintage shelf I picked up at the Brimfield Flea Market
- DIYed a macrame wall hanging
- added plants and DIY felt billy balls (tutorial here)
- accessorized, accessorized, accessorized!
bamboo shade / brass towel hanger / set of four aqua vases / yellow dip dye vase / blue dip dye vase