DIY Dress Makeover

This month's sewing project wasn't a complete rebuild, but it was a gut renovation.  I have been in love with this Lanvin dress for months, and obsessed with recreating it.  Instead of buying fabric, I picked up this $10 homecoming-circa-1999 dress at Brimfield.  Then I added side panels, in the most similar fabric I could find, which you can see if you squint in the first photo below.  I changed the shape to mimic the Lanvin beauty and accommodate my belly and sewed it all back up.  While it did not turn out as glamorous as the lame Lanvin, it was a comfy and beautiful dress to wear to my cousin's wedding.  




Thanks for the photos, Robert!!!