1. I work on my instincts. At the end of the day, it's all you have. If you don't trust yourself, no one else is going to either.
2. You can't fix yesterday. And don't beat yourself up over it - the only reason to beat yourself up is if you don't learn from it.
3. Respect honesty and transparency. There is no room for people who can't give a clear and honest opinion.
4. I feel like I'm learning - and making mistakes - all the time! But if I wasn't and suddenly felt so stagnant, that would be the thing that would make me not want to work.
5. When I was younger, I always wanted things to be easier - but I learned that there are always some things in flux and always chasing. Then I realized that makes things far more interesting.
6. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. There is no question it's a cliche, but it's true.
7. Never assume that just because we did it one way means that we can do it again the same next time.
8. I realized early on that no matter what I am feeling and no matter what is happening to me, either personally or professionally, there is no place for that (in the workplace). I am really good at compartmentalizing, probably to a fault! When you force yourself to do it, you realize that it's not as bad as you think.
9. I don't want to stay looking the same. Someone once said that they didn't recognize me because I wasn't wearing a red lip, so I thought, "Oh, I won't wear a red lip for a while."
10. Giving feedback in the creative world is delicate. I spend a lot of time picking at my words carefully.