1. for all the diaper changing that will go on up the stairs in the baby room, I hear a diaper disposal system is necessary, and the was the prettiest Dekor diaper pail and came with mom-friend recommendations.
2. I have read lots of good things about the Honest Company, great products with a great company philosophy. And since I have no idea what I need, the Honest Baby Arrival kit should get me started.
3. Aden & Anais is the only name I heard in swaddle blankets time and time again, and these bamboo swaddle blankets are thin enough to Chipolte-wrap the little guy.
4. I was on the lookout for a non-black, baby carrier that is also manly enough for my husband to wear. This BabyBjorn carrier had great reviews, which is key, because I plan on wearing the baby for the majority of the outings.
5. Found some pretty and reasonably priced crib sheets I love from Land of Nod
6. This crib was my pick for either a boy or a girl, I love the mid century lines, the price was great and it also had good reviews.
7. one of the more frivolous adds to my list was the Oxo Tot Sprout Highchair, purely because it is so much prettier than many of the options out there.
8. I knew I wanted a jogger stroller, because it's great to have the option of taking it on runs with me, which I definitely plan on doing. A few people recommended the BOB jogger, but that one was quite a bit pricer and the Graco Fast Action fold Jogger system looked super easy to use, had good reviews and came with the infant car seat, sold.
9. I've witnessed this little number work miracles and after seeing it on a few blogs, added the 4moms Rockaroo right away. Plus it's pretty compact and doesn't take up nearly as much room as the traditional swings.
10. I saw this Wireless video monitor on mom blog, clicked the link, saw it had top reviews and added it. Not sure what makes it better than any other, but I'll keep you posted.
11. Someone just gave me the title of this book, "How to Have Your Second Child First" a few days ago, sounds like it might cue me in on some secrets.
12. I see this as the playpen, the bassinet, and the travel crib, I think the Graco Pack'n'Play will get a lot of use
13. the only brand anyone named in breast pumps was the Medela Breast Pump. Since I will be going back to work at 12 weeks, I want to get baby K taking a bottle sooner than later.
And there it is, the essentials. My shower is this weekend, which is why I'm posting now, but I'll do a follow up in March to let you know how it all works out. Stay tuned tomorrow for all the fun things on the registry!