- Canvas Bags, we gave one for each couple or family staying in a hotel room
- a graphic, I designed ours based off an old Michigan tourism campaign
- an embroidery hoop, large enough to fit your graphic
- a piece of sheer fabric, large enough to fit in the embroidery hoop
- Mod Podge
- paint, I used Martha Stewart acrylic paints
- squeegee or scraper
2. Stretch fabric tightly over the embroidery hoop and trim away the edges, leaving about 1/2" extra the entire way around.
3. Trace your graphic.
*Note: because I used two colors on my design I had to repeat the process for the second color of the graphic.
4. You'll want to put wax paper or a protective surface down, because this will stick to your workspace. Paint all the areas with Mod Podge in the embroidery hoop where you DO NOT want color.
* don't be afraid to be very generous and fill in all the pours.
*be sure to lift off the workspace once you've finished or it will stick and not be very useful.
5. Once the Mod Podge is dry, generously squirt paint on the areas to be colored on the design.
6. Use the scraper to saturate the paint of the design, using moderate pressure and going over several times in each direction.